Plumbing problems vary in shapes and sizes and become an emergency when they happen during unusual times of the day or night, that is before and after office hours of the plumbing company. They can come from a relatively inexpensive and minor plumbing issue, such as a running toilet or a dripping faucet to a more intense problem like a major leak on the pipe that causes a major damage to the house.
A homeowner must always be ready with a reliable list of emergency plumbers in Brisbane to be able to address the problem immediately. There are several common plumbing issues that may need a professional plumber. It is essential that you know the types of items that most often get busted to minimize or prevent the problems.
- Slow draining – this may occur in a sink or floor drain that has a blockage restricting the flow of water. Certain things can cause the blockage, like food remnants and solidified fats for a kitchen sink. Clogged floor drain in the bathroom is normally caused by soap and knotted hair. There are some methods of de-clogging them that you can do by yourself, however, there are instances when they need to be fixed by a qualified plumber.
- Dripping faucets – these are common issues that can be irritating. The wasted water is a cost of money because it can increase your water bill. The common cause is an internal washer that is already torn and dislodged. This may be fixed by an ordinary person with the right tools.
- Clogged toilet – this problem is so devastating. This is mostly caused by a mixture of human waste and paper. A plunger can fix this type of problem.
- Running toilet – this problem can be costly. This is usually caused by a faulty flapper valve that controls the water passing to the bowl from the tank.
- Leaky pipes – they can really be annoying and cause damage to floors and furniture. Leaks are common to happen in the winter because water can freeze making pipes burst.
We do not know when a plumbing emergency arises, thus it is essential to know what to do with the situation by keeping a list of emergency plumbers as well as having a little knowledge on fixing minor plumbing issues.